miércoles, 9 de mayo de 2007

Observing

Excuse me, may I come in?Brainstorm the most important things you think you should mention to a teacher whose lesson you are going to observe.
  • who I am (name/school/position) to identify myself to the teacher
  • When I want to visit to clarify date, timetable conflicts
  • To ask her/him where she/he would like me to be /sit down while she/he teaches in order not to disturb the class or her/him
  • The purpose of my observation, if my plan is to observe the classroom’s external factors, then I should let the teacher now this, so that she/he does not feel completely pressured while giving her/his class.

2 comentarios:

Gladys Baya dijo...

Hi Nat!
All the points you've mentioned are really interesting, but I'd like to focus on just two, if you allow me:

* I was surprised to see you've mentioned the idea that where you sit will undoubtedly affect your observation, as well as the class itself... Definitely worth remembering!

* What do you mean by "external factors"? And why do you think a teacher might feel "under pressure" when you observe sit in on her lesson?

Looking forward to reading your replies!

Love,
Gladys

Maria Lorena Recio dijo...

Naty, I believe we wrote almost the same. We are connected!